Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Spaghetti Sauce

Made some spaghetti sauce. I also use it as pizza sauce, my family loves it!


Saute until soft:
 1 c. olive oil
1/4 c. minced garlic
4 c. chopped onions (works great to put them in a food processor if your kids don't like the chunks)

In large pot (I use my 23 qt. pressure cooker and I can double this recipe in it) add:
16 pounds of tomatoes (skinned and chopped or pureed, just depends on how you like your sauce), (abt. 32 cups)
1/4 c. basil
1/4 c. oregano
1 T. sugar
2 t. pepper
6-8 t. salt
4-6oz cans tomato paste
onion mixture

Cook and simmer 1 1/2 hours. The longer you cook, the thicker it will be.

Water bath or steam can for 30 min. for qts or 25 min, for pints.*



*Original recipe is for 20 min quarts and 15 minutes for pints, adjusted here for my altitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment